Kelly's Directory 1910
Warleggon is a parish and village, on the Temple stream, 5 miles
north-east from Bodmin Road station on the Great Western railway and 6
east-by-north from Bodmin, in the South Eastern division of the county,
hundred and petty sessional division of West, Bodmin union and county
court district, rural deanery and arch-deaconry of Bodmin and diocese of
Truro. The church of St Bartholomew is an ancient building of stone, in
the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch and a
western tower containing one bell: there are 150 sittings. The register
dates from the year 1540. The living is a rectory; net yearly value
£139, including 19 acres of Glebe, with residence, in the gift of F. G.
P. Remfry esq., and held since 1901 by the Rev. Carlton Olive M. A., of
Exeter College, Oxford. Here are United Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
Lord Vivian, who is lord of the manor, and F. G.P. Remfry esq., are the
chief landowners. The soil is peat and clayey loam; the subsoil is part
granite and part clay-slate. Then chief crops are barley and oats, with
some wheat. The area is 2,151 acres of land and 6 of water; rateable
value, £1,429; population in 1901 was 233.
Contributed by Pauline Pickup