CORNWALL ONLINE PARISH CLERKS - helping bring the past alive

The parish of


The Old Chapel at Rame Head
Contributed by Diane Donohue

Cornwall Online Parish Clerks

There is no OPC (Genealogy) for this parish. If you would like to volunteer, please contact our coordinator, Diane Donohue, at

For information about, and contact details for, the current parish council please see this website.
Contact details for the church can be found by searching here.



Information can be found at COCP (the Cornwall Online Census Project), which is complete for 1841 to 1891 and has been verified, FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternate resources.


For Parish Register information, please see our online searchable database (C-PROP), which is updated frequently, and GenUKI. The C-PROP parish coverage page is here.


For information, see the Cornwall Towns & Parishes link on GenUKI or visit the University of Leicester's Historical Directory website.


Voters Lists:

  1. 1851/52
  2. 1852/53
  3. 1864/65


  1647, Richard TREVILL (extract) 18 Apr 1748, Thomas WICKETT
  17 May 1738, Richard SOPER (mariner) 25 May 1748, Margaret EATON
  18 Nov 1746, Dinah SPRIDDLE 26 Feb 1848, John COLLOM

For more information regarding history, population, etc., visit GenUKI.


For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.

For maps and satellite images use Google Maps.

To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for Rame Cornwall at, then drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a specific location on the map.


St John and Maker.


  1. Rame is included in The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume III by Davies Gilbert, William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in 1838 (page 374). Also downloadable as a pdf from here.
  2. Heraldic Church Notes from Cornwall; containing the Heraldry and Genealogical Particulars on every Memorial in Ten Churches in the Deanery of East, by Arthur J. Jewers, F.S.A. Includes extracts from parish registers &c.