The parish of
The Online Parish Clerk (Genealogy) for Quethiock is Peter Smith, who
can be contacted by Email.
For information about (and contact details for) the current parish
council, please see
Contact details for the church can be found by searching
Information can be found at
COCP (the Cornwall Online Census Project), which is complete for
1841 to 1891 and has been verified,
FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and
information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternative
For Parish Register information, please see our online searchable database
(C-PROP), which is updated frequently, and GenUKI. The C-PROP parish
coverage page is here.
For information, see the Cornwall Towns & Parishes
GenUKI or visit the University of Leicester's Historical Directory website.
1649, Alice LOASE
1654, Weymond LEIGH of Leigh
1653, Joane SCOBBELL
1713, Corineus PELYNE
1653, John GILBERT, the elder
1745, Ann MOON
1654, Peter JEWELL, the elder
1747, Richard LAWS
Mar 1654, John GILBERT
1747, John EUSTACE
For more information regarding history, population,
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit
Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish
boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for Quethiock at
drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a
specific location on the map.
St Mellion, Pillaton,
Tideford (post-1845) and
St Germans (pre-1845).
- Quethiock is included in
The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume III by Davies Gilbert,
William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in
1838 (page 370). Also downloadable as a pdf from here.
Venning's New Century Postal Directory of 20 Parishes in East
Cornwall, published 1901. Included several pages of
advertisements from local businesses, as well as being a parish