CORNWALL ONLINE PARISH CLERKS - helping bring the past alive

 
The parish of

MULLION

Mullion


Cornwall Online Parish Clerks

OPC
 
The Online Parish Clerk for Mullion is Ken Oates, who can be contacted by Email.
 
For information about (and contact details for) the current parish council, please see this website.
 
Contact details for the church can be found by searching here.
 
 
 
 


PARISH INFORMATION

CENSUS:

Information can be found at COCP (Cornwall Online Census Project) which is complete for 1841 to 1891 and has been verified, FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternative resources.

REGISTERS:

For Parish Register information, please see our online searchable database (C-PROP) which is updated frequently. The parish coverage page is here.

DIRECTORIES:

For information, see GenUKI or visit the University of Leicester's Historical Directories website.

OTHER:

The 1834 Voters List for the parish.

Wills:

  13 Dec 1741, William WILLIAMSE 8 Sep 1751, Philippa WILLIAMS
  14 Dec 1745, Edward COURTIS 11 Mar 1752, Thomas SHEPHERD
  27 Dec 1745, John WILLEY 19 May 1753, William EVAH
  10 Apr 1748, John MITCHELL 3 Sep 1835, William FOXWELL
  19 Nov 1750, Susanna THOMAS  

For more information regarding History, Population, and much more, visit GenUKI.

MAPS:

For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.

For maps and satellite images use Google Maps.

To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for Mullion at http://maps.google.co.uk/, then drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a specific location on the map.

ADJACENT PARISHES:

Gunwalloe, Cury, Ruan Major and Landewednack.

ONLINE BOOKS:

  1. Mullion is included in The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume III by Davies Gilbert, William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in 1838. Also downloadable as a pdf from here.
  2. Mullyon: its History, Scenery and Antiquities by E. G. Harvey, B. A., Vicar, first published in 1875