The parish of
LANTEGLOS by CAMELFORD
The Online Parish Clerk (Genealogy) for Lanteglos by
Camelford is Joy Langdon,
who can be contacted by Email.
For information about (and contact details for) the
council, please see
Contact details for the church can be found by searching
Information can be found at
COCP (Cornwall Online Census Project) which is complete for
1841 to 1891
and has been verified, FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and
information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternative resources.
Parish Register information, please see our online searchable database
(C-PROP) which is updated frequently, the parish coverage page is
1830, Pigot's for Camelford
For other information, see GenUKI or visit the
University of Leicester's
Historical Directories website.
Indentures and Other Documents:
Indenture, dated 1 Nov 1676, concerning Matthews Park, naming John
MOLLIS of Michaelstow and John PEARSE of Lanteglos by Camelford.
A tripartite Indenture,
Feb 1743, naming Mary Pomeroy, John JOHNSON and Edward COCK.
dated 21 Jul 1777, naming John MARSHALL of the Borough of Camelford.
document involving tenants of the Manor of Helston Trigg, including Samuel
BROWN, William SLOGGATT, Francis LOBB and George MARTYN, dated 23 Jun 1819.
- An Indenture dated
29 Sep 1837,
naming John Clode BRADDON of this Parish.
- For details of an auction of farmland, dated 29 Jul 1896 and naming
John NICHOLL, John LANE and N. STEPHENS,
A list of
available Wills and
Probate Documents. Copies of those marked as CRO can be ordered
from here using the appropriate reference. For those marked as
NA enter the reference in the search box on
this page and follow the onscreen instructions.
17 Sep 1611,
Mar 1771, Howard SECCOMBE
1646, Abraham BASTERD
1791, Joseph POPE
1651, Degory SECCOMBE
26 Oct 1795,
William HOCKEN (dispute)
1653, Phillipp SECCOMBE
17 Apr 1807, John SECCOMBE
Mar 1719, Thomas HONEY
24 Sep 1818, Samuel COCK
Nov 1746, Daniel LOMBARD, also rector of Advent
||23 Jan 1821,
26 Feb 1746, Richard NICHOLLS
||17 Apr 1837, Edward
15 May 1747, Susanna HODGE
17 Apr 1860, Henry LANGDON
9 Nov 1747,
11 May 1860, Nancy LANGDON
1748, Richard EDWARDS
20 Apr 1900,
John EVELYN (Probate)
1750, William SLOGGETT
Other documents mentioning several parishes,
including Lanteglos by Camelford, can be found
For more information regarding history, population, etc., visit GenUKI.
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit
Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish
boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite
images use Google Maps.
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for Camelford at
drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a
specific location on the map.
- Lanteglos by Camelford is included in
The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume
II by Davies Gilbert,
William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in
1838 (page 400). Also downloadable as a pdf.
The Cornwall Register by John Wallis, A.M. F.S.S., then Vicar of
Bodmin, printed 1847. If the in-built search produces no results, use the
index pages (474-476) to find your parish of interest. Tables of statistics
and other data can be found at the beginning of the book, starting at page
Phillimore's Marriages Vol I transcripts including
Lanteglos by Camelford
(transcribed and in our