The parish of
ST JUST IN PENWITH
|The Parish Church
photograph courtesy of Mark Hattam/Paul Ganser
|Part of the Botallack Mine complex
© Karen Start 2002
The Online Parish Clerk
(Genealogy) for St
Just in Penwith is Bob Bolitho, who can be contacted by Email.
For information about, and contact details for,
the current town
council, please see this
Contact details for the church can be found by searching
Information can be found at
COCP - the Cornwall Online Census Project - which is complete for
1841 to 1891 and has been verified,
FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and
information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternate
For other Parish Register
information, please see our searchable database (C-PROP)
which is updated regularly and GenUKI. The C-PROP parish
coverage page is here.
For information, see the University of
Leicester's website of Historical Directories
A few photographs are available
Obituaries of Emigrants:
An index is available in our
and full transcripts in our resources section.
Jan 1746, John JELBARD
26 Jan 1810, Grace TREZISE
4 Sep 1746, Reginald REYNOLDS
1 Feb 1816, William MAYN
14 Aug 1747, James ADAMS
23 Dec 1840, John TREZISE
18 May 1748, Mary MEDCALFE
13 Sep 1841, James TREZISE
19 Jul 1843, William TREZISE
1748 & 1749, documents relating to the Will of William TRESISE
Jul 1845, John TREZISE
21 Jan 1754, Francis EDWARDS
27 Mar 1855, Nicholas GRENFELL
1 Feb 1754, Henry TREZISE
For a plan of Nanjulian and Gorland Farms, plus an
auction cover dated 16 Jun 1893,
click here (pdf).
For information regarding History, Population, and
much more, visit
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit
Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish
boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite
images use Google Maps.
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for St Just in Penwith at
drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a
specific location on the map.
St Buryan and
- St Just in Penwith is included in
The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume
II by Davies Gilbert,
William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in
1838 (page 282). Also downloadable as a pdf.
Phillimore's Marriages Vol
III transcripts including St Just in Penwith
(transcribed and in our
The Parish Church Interior
© Anthea Augustson