The parish of
including Port Isaac, created 1913
The Parish Church
© David Coppin
The Online Parish Clerk (Genealogy) for St Endellion is Pat Balmer,
who can be contacted by
For information about (and contact details for) the current parish council,
Information can be found at
COCP - the Cornwall Online Census Project - which is complete for
1841 to 1891 and has been verified,
FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and
information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternate
For Parish Register information, please see our online searchable database
(C-PROP) which is updated frequently and GenUKI. The parish
coverage page for C-PROP is here.
For information, see the University of
Leicester's website of Historical Directories
- Bullers House
- Regarding Bullers House, Trewethick,
dated 3 Oct 1804,
naming John COCK, Thomas BULLER, John BULLER, James HILL, Henry MABLY and
children Phillippa and Humphry.
- Bullers House,
dated 28 Aug
1816, naming Samuel ABBOTT, William BULLER and the others from a. above.
- Bullers House,
naming the people from a. above.
- Bullers House,
dated 25 Dec 1837, naming
William BULLER, Thomas BULLER, Samuel TREVATHAN, William COCK and
- Bullers House and other issues, dated
26 Dec 1837,
naming those in d. above, plus John Farnham COCK.
- Bullers House again,
dated 22 Apr
1842, naming William BULLER and William GRAY
- dated 22
Nov 1742, naming Charles TRELAWNEY, John GRAY, George and Margery
- dated 23
Nov 1742, naming Charles TRELAWNEY, John GRAY, Henry DARELL, Rev.
Mr. William STEPHENS, John COCK, Simon LLEWLLIN, Richard ELVANS, Frances
CRABB (widow), naming Mr Charles VIVIAN, Darell CRABB and others from
- dated 5
Mar 1762, naming John GRAY, Digory GRAY, John BILLING, George &
- dated 21
Sep 1792, naming Degory GRAY and Francis BROWN.
dated 28 Sep 1837, naming Guy GRAY, John HOSKYN, John CHAPMAN of this Parish and John
Clode BRADDON, Borough of Camelford.
- dated 29 Sep
1837, naming Guy GRAY, John HOSKYN, Francis Brown Hambly (Parish of St.
Kew), Digory GRAY, and John Clode BRADDON (Borough of Camelford).
- dated 6 Jan
1849, part of a marriage settlement between Francis GLANVILLE and
Annabel Pole CAREW, naming William GRAY and George Poole NORRIS.
To view a Bastardy Bond, dated 21 October 1797,
naming William NICHOLLS/NICKLES of this parish,
Other documents mentioning several parishes,
including St Endellion can be found
A History of Port Isaac and Port Quin
1833-34 by Dr. Frederick Trevan. A transcribed list of inhabitants, with
summarised details, can be found here.
For more information regarding history, population, etc., visit
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit
Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish
boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite
images use Google Maps.
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for Endellion at
drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a
specific location on the map.
St Teath and
- Endellion (St Enedellyan) is included in
The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume I by Davies Gilbert,
William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in
1838 (page n422). Also downloadable as a pdf.
Phillimore's Marriages Vol
IV transcripts including Endellion
(transcribed and in our
Panoramic View of Port Isaac, c. 1910
© The Malcolm McCarthy Collection