The parish of
Pencarrow in the Parish of Egloshayle
Photo: C. Winpenny,© 2005
The OPC (Genealogy) for Egloshayle is Michael Lightfoot,
who can be contacted by Email.
For information about (and contact details for) the
current Wadebridge Town
council, please see
website, and click
here for Egloshayle Parish Council.
Information can be found at
(the Cornwall Online Census Project) which is complete for
1841 to 1891 and has been verified, FreeCen at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and
information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternate
For Parish Register information and
other resources, please see our online searchable database
(C-PROP) which is updated frequently and GenUKI. The parish
coverage page for C-PROP is here.
For information, see the University of
Leicester's website of Historical Directories
The Will of John SECCOMBE,
dated 17 Apr 1807.
To view a document, dated
31 Dec 1873, concerning improvements to the Port of Padstow and naming
some Egloshayle residents,
Dated 14 Mar 1772,
naming William KING, John BOND the Younger, William HAMBLY and Richard LEAN
(officials of this Parish).
February 1777, naming William BEWES of this parish.
Dated 19 Feb
1810, naming William and Nicholas OLVER of this Parish.
Indentures and Other
A long and complex document, dated 21 Dec 1810
but referring to several previous legal documents of the 1700s, regarding
Barton Farm and other property in Lanivet, naming Edward FOX of Egloshayle.
Related indentures, dated
2 Oct 1811
and 1 Dec
1811, regarding the same property.
Dated 28 Aug 1816,
involving Samuel ABBOTT of this parish.
21 Mar 1818, mentioning James WEST of this parish.
Dated 12 Jun 1829
and 13 Jun
1829, involving Samuel WEST.
Dated 26 Mar / 17 Apr 1847,
involving people from this parish.
1854,, naming John LAKEMAN of this parish.
1713, Elizabeth NOCKER? widow (& St Breock)
19 Jan 1775, Mary HOOPER (& St Breock)
8 Aug 1736,
Michael & Jane RICKARD & family
8 Dec 1803, Elizabeth ELLERY (& Luxulyan)
7 Apr 1743, Anne Downing
4 Aug 1814, Mary CAVELL (& St Breock)
6 Sep 1770, Mary ELLERY (& St Breock)
16 Feb 1815, John & Jane TOM & family (& St Breock)
4 Nov 1773, William & Elizabeth ELLERY (& St Breock)
19 Feb 1818, Catherine MINERS (& St Breock)
9 Apr 1774, Thomas CAVELL & family (& St Breock)
4 Jul 1826, Edward & Elizabeth HAWKE (& St Breock)
Jun 1774, Thomas CAVIL & family
Dated 1 Nov 1819, James HAWKEN
dated 4 May
1824, Rebecca HAWKEN
For further information regarding history, population, etc., visit
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit
Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish
boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite
images use Google Maps.
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for Wadebridge at
drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a
specific location on the map.
St Minver, St Kew,
Helland and Bodmin.
- Egloshayle (Egles-Hale) is included in
The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume I by Davies Gilbert,
William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in
1838 (page n406). Also downloadable as a pdf.
Phillimore's Marriages Vol
VI transcripts including Egloshayle
(transcribed and in our
Fernleigh Road, Wadebridge c.1910
© Malcolm McCarthy
|Wadebridge Wheelwrights, date unknown
© Malcolm McCarthy