CORNWALL ONLINE PARISH CLERKS - helping bring the past alive
The parish of
The Parish Church
© David Coppin
Couches Mill, Boconnoc
© Kay Halley
The parish of Boconnoc, which
encompasses the largest private park in Cornwall, lies about five miles
east of Lostwithiel, south of the road from there to Liskeard. Boconnoc,
a compound Cornish name which might mean "Dwelling place of Conoc", was
listed in the Domesday Book.
The Online Parish Clerk (Genealogy) for Boconnoc is Kay Halley, who can be contacted at email@example.com.
Information can be found at COCP (the Cornwall Online Census Project) which is complete for 1841 to 1891 and has been verified, FreeCens at Rootsweb, which has a very good search engine and information from COCP, as well as GenUKI, which has more reference information and alternative resources.
The Boconnoc Baptism Burial & Marriage Registers have been transcribed between 1709 – 1850 and later Baptism & Burial Registers are available for look-ups from the OPC (email above). The monumental inscriptions are available in our searchable database (C-PROP), which is updated frequently. The parish coverage page is here.
Trade Directories for Cornwall can be searched online here. For other information, see GenUKI (link below).
Transcriptions are available here.
A list of available Wills and Probate Documents. Copies of those marked as CRO can be ordered from here using the appropriate reference. For those marked as NA enter the reference in the search box on this page and follow the onscreen instructions.
As always, additional information can be found in the Cornwall section of GenUKI.
For a zoomable and printable map of Cornwall please visit Cornwall Council’s mapping website. To see the Parish boundaries, click on the Layers Tab for Government Boundaries.
For maps and satellite images use Google Maps.
To enjoy a "walk" around this parish, search for Boconnoc at http://maps.google.co.uk/, then drag the person icon from above the zoom commands and place it at a specific location on the map.
Boconnoc is included in The Parochial History of Cornwall, Volume I by Davies Gilbert, William Hals, Thomas Tonkin, Henry Samuel Boase, originally published in 1838 (page n102). Also downloadable as a pdf.